There are several e-commerce website advantages. An e-commerce website can have tremendously positive impact on a business’ profit margin. These customer-oriented sites make shopping simple, enjoyable and secure. Business owners, meanwhile enjoy enormous cost savings in using an e-commerce website. These Internet based retail locations are a win-win situation for both vendor and consumer. It’s not only convenient, shopping on e-commerce websites has exploded and will continue to grow. In fact, by the year 2016, online retail sales will reach $327 billion, a 62 percent rise, according to a report by Internet Retailer.com.
In the interim, statistics show brick-and-mortar locations will see less of an increase in overall sales as technology quickly moves shoppers to mobile platforms. With such a huge advantage, business which invest in an e-commerce website will be able to take advantage of the upward trend.
E-Commerce Website Benefits
E-commerce website advantages have significant benefits over physical retail locations. Besides being only a mouse click away, an e-commerce website can grow with the pace of a business. Unlike a physical store, when a business grows or contracts, it doesn’t mean a complete reorganization of the store layout. It also saves a great deal of operating capital for companies which needs to expand it’s footprint.
E-Commerce Website Versus Brick-and-Mortar
While brick-and-mortar locations will be a part of consumer life for decades to come, the trend of less is more has begun in earnest. Big-box retailers are shifting to smaller footprints, the LA Times reports. And there’s a reason for the trend.
- Higher Margins. Because a business isn’t paying into a Triple Net Lease, costs are reduced and inventory sales margins increase as a result.
- Less Overhead. Being online means fewer employees. Fewer employees, make for a smaller payroll, decreased benefits expenses and greatly curtail employee theft. It also reduces sick days and helps to lessen bad customer service.
- Less Shrink. Shrink is generally defined as receiving damaged goods from a vendor, returns and shoplifting. With an e-commerce website, these factors are substantially reduced.
- On-Demand Information. It’s difficult to properly equip every employees with intricate knowledge about all product offerings. But with an e-commerce website, there’s no limitation to descriptions, reviews and other information customers will seek-out.
- Customers Save Time and Money. Gas prices will only rise in the future. Traffic congestion won’t be a thing of the past for many decades. Customers find the convenience second-to-none shopping on an e-commerce website. Checkout is secure and their purchase history is only a few clicks away.
- On-Demand Accessibility. An e-commerce website is there for customers 365 days per year. It’s open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Geographical Boundaries Disappear. Consumers are becoming increasingly more comfortable with purchasing products over the Internet. Location is no longer a boundary. Consumers from across the county line to another hemisphere can find an e-commerce website and shop without leaving their home or office.
If you want to know a bit more about creating an e-commerce website, then contact us for a free, personal consultation. We can help you to plan and design an e-commerce website that specifically fits your business’ needs. We’ll help you drive traffic to your site and increase your online sales.