In today’s fast-paced world everything seems to morph and change, especially the English language. It is easy to get confused with all these new terms, phrases, and lingo hitting the scene. This article will be a brief introduction for beginner’s to familiarize them with the lingo they will hear speaking to any web designer. Although this is not a complete comprehensive glossary, it will be relevant and beneficial to beginners and people entering the field.
- Content- information in text form on a website
- CSS- Cascading Style Sheets. A tool used for adding style to websites
- Domain- A name that is unique that goes to one or more IP addresses. It identifies a particular website
- FTP- File Transfer Protocol- The most used method for uploading and transferring files over the internet
- HTML- HyperText Markup Language. A type of internet language used in developing websites
- Meta Tag- A HTML tag that holds information pertaining to a specific webpage
- Open Source- Computer coding or programs that are open to the public and free to utilize
- Search Engine- Examples are Google, Bing, or Yahoo. Databases that organize by relevance or topic all the web sites on the internet
- Template- An already designed website that is not customized
For more specific information please call CQuinnDesign at 1-352-263-1725. We offer website design, search engine optimization, content or blog writing, and much more!