Now is the time to create great videos for your business. Let CQuinnDesign.com create video’s for your company, and then market them to over 12 video sharing sites!
If this online video watching trend continues at its current rate of growth, by 2015 almost every American with an internet connection will be watching video’s online. So if your business does not have video’s – I guess you will be left in the dust!
Pew Researchers also found that sixy-one percent of adult American Internet users watch short clips, movies and whole television shows on video sharing sites like YouTube. These sites are continuing to explode in popularity and are on the path to dominating all activity done on the net.
Since 2007, there have been dramatic increases in the number of Americans who watch the following kinds of videos online:
- Comedy or humorous videos, which have risen in viewership from 31% to 50% of adult internet users.
- Educational videos, which have risen in viewership from 22% to 38% of adult internet users.
- Movies or television show videos, which have risen in viewership from 16% to 32% of adult internet users. [source]
What does this mean? People are not going to stay on your site unless you have video on it. The video does not have to be complicated, and you will find that its very easy to create video’s for your company because your company, the products it creates or the services it provides is something you know about and talk about frequently.
In the current survey, Pew researchers found that the majority (61%) of American, adult Internet users watch short clips, television shows and movies on video-sharing sites such as YouTube. These sites have exploded in popularity over the past several years and are on a trajectory to dominate the space. By contrast, just 33% of Internet users in 2006 had watched a video on a vid-sharing site.
The groups of people most likely to watch online videos include younger adults, men, the wealthy and the well-educated — a factoid which bucks current wisdom about YouTube comments.
Asked about their experiences in sharing videos online, uploaders have these views:
- 41% agree they have been surprised by the number of people who watch their videos.
- 39% agree that no one other than their family or friends will watch the videos they post.
- 35% agree they sometimes feel they should be more careful about the videos they post.
- 28% agree that sharing videos online has helped them meet new people.
These figures were gathered in a survey of 763 internet-using adults between June 18 and June 21, 2009. The margin of error is +/- 4.5 percentage points for results based on adult internet users. [source]