10 Great Tips For Using Twitter.com
- Post Tweets Regularly: Some people don’t understand that Twitter.com is not supposed to be an annoyance. I have people sign up for my twitter management service all the time. It only takes 3-5 tweets a week to be successful. There are plenty of tools that allow you to post tweets from anywhere. Yoono, a social network bookmarking tool, for instance, allows you to tweet right from your browser.
- Retweet: Look at other peoples twitter accounts, do you see a tweet you like? re-tweet it! Very common is that people don’t understand twitter 100%. You can retweet someone else message, which is just as good as posting your own. Don’t get too carried away though, add UNIQUE CONTENT in there once in a while.
- Be Helpful: As with any other form of Social Networking, interaction is the key. You are probably excited because you found a “tool” that will automatically tweet spam for you…well that’s no fun, and your clients will not like it either. Be personable with your tweets, twitter can be a very successful advertising medium.
- No Need to Follow, EVERYONE: Just because someone started following you, does not mean you need to follow them. A lot of people are misusing twitter for spam, and they send out bulk emails trying to get you to follow them. What they are doing is a viral campaign, meaning they are getting as many followers as possible in order to get their message out quicker. Before you choose to follow someone look at their profile to make sure they are legit.
- You have twitter, now what? It depends on what you want to do with it. Most of my clients use twitter for business purposes, therefore I train them to think of twitter as an marketing tool. Our Tampa SEO Company provides company’s with training on how to fully utilize twitter as an effect social network marketing medium.
- Comment: Commenting is great for social network marketing. It shows people that you are actually using twitter and get’s them interested in what you are saying. You can tweet, tweet, tweet all day long, but you are not commenting, then you are not going to get people visiting your twitter profile. CQuinnDesign.com basic Search Engine Optimization package includes twitter account management and commenting is one of our biggest successes.
- Thanks….That’s right, even in the social network marketing community, you still should say “thank you” – when some one decides to share one of your tweets, an then retweets, send them a thanks! It keeps the social networking community spinning in a circle…This also helps your search engine optimization, because their are websites out there that index tweets, re-tweets, comments, urls, etc… So the more exposure you get, the better off your SEO Campaign is going to work.
- Robot or Person? Anyone can install an “automatic” tweet poster, but whats so “personable” about that? Nothing, and your customers will realize this. When you comment on a tweet, include that persons username (or real name if you know it), and add a little side comment after your post (about the whether, a new coffee shop, last nights sports scores, etc…)This will let your client know that you are the one tweeting and not some spambot. Like I said, our Tampa SEO Company has the ability of creating and managing your twitter account so that you can focus on your company’s day to day business.
- Multimedia Please..If you don’t know this by now, you should. Video and Images are the #1 way to get a potential clients attention. As fast as technology is progressing, so is our minds, and we are sick of seeing text. Your clients want videos, images, flash presentations, they would even take a hand coming out of their monitor slapping them in the face if we had the technology. Your customers want interaction, and video is the way to show them, you have what it takes. Our Tampa SEO Company handles video content creation and viral video submissions.
- Not Just Marketing: Believe it or not, this is the most common mistake, Twitter, as great as it is, was not made just for marketing, video marketing company 🙂 – So while you are using it for marketing, don’t forget to add comments or information about yourself. Nobody will want to follow a twitter user that is just one big commercial. There is a fine line between these two though, for instance, you shouldn’t put on your company twitter account, “Last night was awesome, I got so drunk I fell down some stairs”. I like adding messages about projects I am working on, or new blog posts I have added, video’s I have posted, or times spent with my family. But you can’t get too personal, you should create another, private twitter account for that.
So now that you are armed with 10 great tips for using Twitter.com, you need to put them all into action. If you follow my tips you will surely get more people interested in your tweets, which in turn equals more clients signing up for the services that your company has to offer.
If you would rather have a company like CQuinnDesign.com | Tampa SEO & Website Design Company | manage your twitter account for you, then please contact us for a free website optimization & SEO analysis of your website.
Be sure to check out our Free SEO Tools.