Tips, tricks, hint’s, facts, tutorials, how-to’s, call them what you will, but these are 10 surefire ways to improve your Search Engine Optimization. CQuinnDesign.com SEO Plans can provide consulting, and services related to all of these tidbits of information. We provide Free SEO Tools to assist you in your own Search Engine Optimization quest, if needed. Or contact us to sign up for one of our monthly SEO plans today.
1. Purchasing New Domains is not a Cure-All : The reason for this is because Google takes a long time to index your new domain. It is often difficult to get Google to realize that your new domain name is not a “mirror” or “copy” of your old domain, thus resulting in duplicate content. Make sure that when you do purchase a new domain for re-branding, or for better keyword visibility, you make note of it in Google Webmaster Tools. If you are doing a redesign or starting anew, and you have to use a brand new domain – expect to wait a good 8-12 months before Google indexes keyword or keyword phrases that are important to your business. – CQuinnDesign.com – Tampa SEO Company – studies and collects data on all of our clients web sites when it comes to keywords or key phrases – consult with our company before you decide to change your domain name.
2. Do it for your audience, not the search engines: Do not include “stop words” in your keyword phrases. I know this sounds counterproductive, but check this out. Search Engines, like Google, look for pages that best fit the keyword phrase a possible client types into the search box, right? So if that “client” are typing in key phrases that relate to what your web site offers, then they are members of your target audience. This basically tells you that you should optimize your site to meet your clients needs. Great sites that provide demographic information will help you achieve the goal of optimizing your website. Try online communities, forums and social networking sites where your “target” audience visits online. Sign up for an account at these sites and get a feel for what goes on, on the inside. This can be a valuable marketing technique if you keep up with it. – CQuinnDesign.com – Tampa SEO Company – Can manage this process for you. Along with our Search Engine Optimization process, this is one of our most beneficial website optimization techniques.
3. Research your keywords, and then research them again: It’s always good to double check the key phrases you “think” your target audience is searching for. For instance, just last month a Client of mine, and myself where coming up with keywords for a viral video submission campaign. We had no idea that the two main keywords for his site, Personal Injury, was actually searched more times as “Injury Personal”. This totally blew our minds but after we implemented the finding, we noticed a great increase in results. There are many sites out there that allow you to research keywords and keyphrases. Try Keyword Spy, SpyFu, Google Trends, Wordtracker, or our Free SEO Tools.
4. CQuinnDesign.com can Design and Categorize your site layout, or architecture, based on keyword research: This is the best, most effective way to the top of the search engine results page (SERP). You might find that after researching your desired keywords, that there are words and phrases out there untapped by competitors in your market. This gives you the chance to swoop in and steal their lunch. For instance, when searching for an attorney, what kind of attorney are you that your customers will be searching for? Usually your customers will not want to travel far to meet you, so do you offer house-calls, or where is your office located? We just turned the search word “attorney”, into “Tampa Bay Personal Injury Lawyer” or “Personal Injury Lawyer, house calls”. Our Tampa Website Design Company will make sure that your site navigation fully showcases the various ways of finding your company on the SERP’s page.
6. Label image alt attributes (alt tags) and internal text links as descriptively and clearly as possible: Search engines look at the clickable portion of your links (anchor text) as a way of seeing what they will find when they click through. By labeling these links with descriptive words it will keep the guess work out and increase your rankings in search engines. For example, “Click Here” is a horrible way to name a hyperlink. My company understands how important anchor text and alt tags is to SEO, and your meta tags, so check out our pricing and then contact us so we can start increasing revenue for your company.
7. If it’s not readable, make it readable: Let’s say you need a ton of Flash website design to get the point across to your customers. That’s fine, as long as you have a text version, or search engine friendly version of that page located somewhere on your web domain. For instance, you can put a link on your flash enriched site called “Text Version Here” or “HTML Only Version Here” on your site. This is a great way for increasing Search Engine Optimization.
8. This is another easy to implement tip – Incorporating keyword phrases into each web page’s UNIQUE title tag. And make sure each title tag is UNIQUE. Having duplicate title tags can seriously hinder your web sites ability to get on the first page of Google.
9. Is your site, “link worthy”? - Having other sites link to you, referred to as “back-linking” is also very important when it comes to search engine optimization. CQuinnDesign.com | Tampa SEO & Website Design.com offer’s links on our page, under “Business Directory” portion of our Blog and at www.BestOfTampa.net and www.MyBestOfSA.com are two great ways to building back links. Another way is if a site owner loves your content so much, or feels that your website would be beneficial to their customers that they will link to you.
10. Treat your keywords, or keyword phrases as disposable: Once you research your keywords/key phrases and find the ones that are successful for your company or niche, you need to realize that later down the line you will be researching your keywords again. If the keywords you chose are not performing well, then you need to let them go and start again. Don’t try to “force” the keywords you chose into working, if they don’t work well with your site, then lose them. As part of our SEO Plan we frequently monitor, optimize and analyze every portion of your website so that you are getting the best SEO available.
Well that’s it for todays Search Engine Optimization Tip. Don’t forget to contact CQuinnDesign.com | Tampa SEO & Website Design Company | 727-277-9834